San Francisco Teen and Family Therapy
Kirsten Beuthin, LMFT
What would therapy be like?
- You would have a non-judgmental
adult to talk
with about any problems you might have
- You will be treated as the expert about
yourself (you know yourself the best)
- You don't need to just talk about feelings or
answer a bunch of personal questions
- You would have a place to be real and honest
with yourself about what you want and need
- You will not be blamed for the problem
Why would I see a therapist?
- Your parents might think you need someone
besides them to talk about things going on in your life
- You might be in trouble and need some guidance
to work through the problem
- To have someone help you respond to others
concerns about you
- To tell your side of the story
- To have someone help you by working with your
parents so they understand more about what's going on with you
How can a therapist help me?
- A therapist can help you understand your
problems or why others think you have problems
- A therapist can help you figure out what you
want from life and how to get it
- A therapist can work with your parents,
teachers or others who think you have problems understand where you are
- A therapist can help you understand why your
parents or others are so worried or upset
What is important to keep
in mind about therapy?
- What you want from therapy is up to you
- You can figure out how you will solve your
- There is no blaming
- Coming to therapy doesn't mean that you are the
© 2006-2016 Kirsten
Beuthin, LMFT (MFC 38884). All rights reserved.